Local family owned bakery and coffeehouse/cafe moving to a new location! We are looking for an experienced and energetic Wedding Cake Consultant to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is friendly, outgoing, and enjoys working with people. They must also have a positive attitude and a desire to work in the bakery industry.
Responsibilities to include:
- Assist bridal customers with wedding cake ordering, performing scheduled consultations, and providing guidance with wedding cake planning. (training provided).
- Working with Quickbooks to create estimates/invoices as pertaining to wedding cake orders.
- Assist customers with custom cake orders both in person and on the telephone according to Cakery guidelines (training provided).
- Processing of customer orders including stacked, cut-out, custom cakes, baked good and wedding cakes.
- Assisting with email management and social media campaigns involving cakes.
- Sales and service of specialty coffee and tea beverages.
- Sales and service of baked goods, menu items, custom cakes and miscellaneous retail items to customers
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, and personalized service.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work station.
- Follow health and safety guidelines.
- Adhere to recipes and presentations for food and beverage items.
- Be punctual and able to observe regular and consistent attendance.
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands:
- 1+ years in the bakery industry
- 2+ years in the customer service industry.
- Maintains positive Company morale and professional attitude.
- Experienced and comfortable with working shifts to include early morning opening, evening closing and weekend shifts.
- Friendly, outgoing and dedicated to outstanding customer service.
- Tidy and self-disciplined.
- Detailed-oriented and passionate about product quality.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.