Local family owned bakery and cafe moving to a new location! We are looking for experienced and motivated Sandwich Maker to join our growing team! The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and be detail-oriented to make each sandwich according to specification. They must also have a positive attitude and a desire to work in the food and beverage industry. The job includes, prep, cleaning and restocking.
- Making café sandwiches to order.
- Prepping ingredients for each shift.
- Read and follow recipes to create sandwiches/salads/soups.
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for your work including knives, slicers, and panini grill.
- Keeping prep/work area clean.
- Communicating with other staff as needed to create the best customer experience.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions and to perform assigned tasks with limited supervision.
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands:
- At least 1+ year in the food service industry.
- Maintains positive Company morale and professional attitude.
- Experienced and comfortable with working shifts to include early morning opening, evening closing and weekend shifts.
- Friendly, outgoing and dedicated to outstanding customer service.
- Tidy and self-disciplined.
- Detailed-oriented and passionate about product quality.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.